Workshop 4： Deep Learning Using R
Time: 8pm-11pm, July 6, China Time / 8am-11am, July 6, US Eastern Time
Location： Virtual on Zoom (Free Registration)
Deep learning is a very active area of research in the machine learning and artificial intelligence communities. The foundation of deep learning is the neural network. In this workshop, we will teach how to practically carry out deep learning using the R package keras. Several real-world data sets will be used to illustrate how to build single layer, multiple layer, convolutional, and recurrent neural networks. Basic knowledge of R is expected.
Johnny Zhang -- University of Notre Dame
Dr. Johnny Zhang is a Professor in Quantitative Psychology at the University of Notre Dame. His research aims to develop better statistical methods and software in the areas of education, health, management and psychology. He has conducted research in the areas of Bayesian methods, Big data analysis, Structural equation modeling, Longitudinal data analysis, Mediation analysis, and Statistical computing and programming. His most recent research involves the development of new methods for social network and text analysis.
(1) Introduction to Social Network Analysis by Prof. Haiyan Liu from UC-Merced
(2) Longitudinal Data Analysis by Prof. Hongyun Liu from Beijing Normal University
(3) Practical Mediation Analysis by Prof. Laura Lu from University of Georgia and Prof. Qian Zhang from Florida State University
(4) Deep Learning Using R by Prof. Johnny Zhang from University of Notre Dame
(5) From Latent Class Model to Latent Transition Model Using Mplus by Prof. Hawjeng Chiou from National Taiwan Normal University
(6) Bayesian Longitudinal Data Modeling by Prof. Cynthia Tong from University of Virginia
Share the information
You can share the meeting information with a colleague by inputting their email and name below.
The meeting is jointly supported by the International Society for Data Science and Analytics, the Society of Multivariate Experimental Psychology, the Fudan Institute for Advanced Study in Social Sciences, the College of Management of National Taiwan Normal University, and the Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
Selected papers will be published in the following journals: Fudan Journal of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Chinese Political Science Review, and Journal of Behavioral Data Science.
National Taiwan Normal University
University of Texas at Dallas
Beijing Normal University
Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications
University of Notre Dame
University of Notre Dame
Mail: P.O.Box 1471, ISDSA, Granger, IN 46530